Quality and Service:
Prompt scheduling of appointments. Please call 540-636-6200.
- A thorough, visual examination of the property. Most residential inspections take between 3 and 5 hours depending on the size, age, and features of the building.
- Comprehensive, objective, and detailed information about all the major components and systems of the building.
- A computer assisted report covering every aspect of the inspection is available within 48 hours after completion of the inspection via email with a hard copy following by mail.
- Answers to your specific questions about the building during the inspection.
- All report items are referenced to detailed explanations and illustrations in the ABLE Home Book that accompanies the report. The ABLE Home Book is available as a print copy or searchable flash drive.
- The ABLE Home Book is a permanent reference explaining the problems encountered, how to repair the problems, and how to maintain the home.
- All ABLE home inspections meet or exceed the Standards of Practice of the American Society of Home Inspectors, the Commonwealth of Virginia, and the states of West Virginia and Maryland.
- Radon testing to USEPA and VA Dept. of Health standards using a continuous radon monitor is available as an option. Test results are available immediately upon completion of 48-hour test.
- Unlimited, lifetime telephone consultation is available at no charge after the inspection regarding the report or the building.
Home Inspection Reports:
Reports are available within 48 hours after completing the inspection via e-mail and mail. Your Building Inspection and Inspection Report will include:
- The structure, basement and crawl spaces, including evaluation of moisture problems.
- Heating and cooling (HVAC) systems of all types and ages. Fireplaces and chimneys will be visually examined. Gas fireplaces may be operated.
- Plumbing supply, drain and venting, including fixture operation in the bathrooms, kitchen and laundry.
- Electrical power systems including the service, lights, switches and receptacles.
- Appliances and kitchen cabinets.
- Doors, windows, stairs, guard, hand rails and stairs.
- Attics, insulation, vapor barriers, and ventilation.
- Exterior finishes including roofing, siding, trim, gutters, downspouts and chimneys.
- Roofs that can be safely accessed and climbed will be inspected from the roof.
- Porches, decks, garages, grading, and drainage.
We will also provide information about:
- Recommended maintenance and safety considerations for the property.
- Outstanding positive features and superior construction items of the home.
- Information about systems and equipment that may be at the end of their useful life.
- Recommended upgrades and improvements for the building.
- Feasibility of additions and modifications to the building can be discussed during the inspection.
- Estimated cost ranges of common repairs are available in the ABLE Home Book reference.
- Photos will accompany the report.
“Hello, Dave. Thank you for your thorough inspection and timely report. Ed and I will review it, follow up as recommended and keep in touch with you. It was a pleasure to meet you yesterday and have you in our home!”Best regards, Kathy