We’re Here for You:
Prompt scheduling of appointments. Please call 540-660-2403.
- A thorough, visual examination of the commercial property.
- Comprehensive, objective, and detailed information about all the major components and systems of the building.
- Answers to your specific questions about the building during the inspection.
- All report items are referenced to detailed explanations and illustrations in the ABLE Building Book that accompanies the report. The ABLE Building Book is available as a print copy or searchable flash drive.
- The ABLE Building Book is a permanent reference explaining the problems encountered, how to repair the problems, and how to maintain the building.
- Unlimited, lifetime telephone consultation is available at no charge after the inspection regarding the report or the building.
Building Inspection Reports:
Reports are available within 5 business days after completing the inspection, or as needed. Your Building Inspection and Inspection Report will include:
- The structure, basement and crawl spaces, including evaluation of moisture problems.
- Heating and cooling (HVAC) systems of all types and ages. Fireplaces and chimneys will be visually examined. Gas fireplaces may be operated.
- Plumbing supply, drain and venting, including fixture operation in the bathrooms, kitchen and laundry.
- Electrical power systems including the service, lights, switches and receptacles.
- Residential grade appliances and cabinets.
- Doors, windows, stairs, guard, hand rails and stairs.
- Attics, insulation, vapor barriers, and ventilation.
- Exterior finishes including roofing, siding, trim, gutters, downspouts and chimneys.
- Roofs that can be safely accessed and climbed will be inspected from the roof.
- Porches, decks, garages, grading, and drainage.
- Site lighting, parking, and handicap accessibility.
We will also provide information about:
- Recommended maintenance and safety considerations for the property.
- Outstanding positive features and superior construction items of the building.
- Information about systems and equipment that may be at the end of their useful life.
- Recommended upgrades and improvements for the building.
- Feasibility of additions and modifications to the building can be discussed during the inspection.
- Estimated cost ranges of common repairs are available in the ABLE Building Book reference.
- Photos will accompany the report.
A note on our founder:
Dave is now retired from residential home inspections, but is still available for your commercial building inspection.
“Hello, Dave. Thank you for your thorough inspection and timely report. Ed and I will review it, follow up as recommended and keep in touch with you. It was a pleasure to meet you yesterday and have you in our home!”Best regards, Kathy
“Dave – Thank you very much for the prompt submission of your inspection report, which is much appreciated. Ann gave me a heads up on the main areas of concern. She also spoke highly of your thoroughness and professionalism on the job. I had no doubt, but this is nice to hear especially coming from such a knowledgeable person as Ann. Thank you again for all your hard work.”Luca